Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Donnerstag, 6. Juni 2024, 06:30 UTC+2

Samstag, 9. Dezember 2006, 15:19

Portion Control - Filthy White Guy

My order arrived today (-from portion-control.net) and this release is very very good! Why has it not been mentioned here! A glaring review can be found at releasemagazine.net

I think the bass hit Hardman is the only thing which rivals Covenant's 10-ton-jackhammer bass on Sweet + Salty.

Any one else order this…?

Niggels

Super Moderator

Beruf: Veranstaltungskaufmann

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 9. Dezember 2006, 18:55

No, didn't order it. Actually I wasn't aware of it!

I remember Portion Control from back in the 1980s, stuff like Go Talk is still classic.

Samstag, 9. Dezember 2006, 22:06

I will assume their 2004 double-CD "Wellcome" was too experimental to catch much attention. I have the Stansted EP/DVD from 2005, contains a very cool rebuild of "Chew You To Bits" and some other good stuff!

Still surprised not many are noticing that they are back, perhaps due to the exclusive way they are releasing material now. They did open for Skinny Puppy in 2004 when they played London. In addition to that I think PorCon are going to be playing at Arkiva 2007 as well (-along with Front Line Assembly).

The new CD is extremely good! MusicNonStop has samples. It is rather up front for Portion Control, apparently. Either way, it is extremely good and more people should know about it!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Vorbedacht« (9. Dezember 2006, 22:07)

Niggels

Super Moderator

Beruf: Veranstaltungskaufmann

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 10. Dezember 2006, 15:06

Yeah, Wellcome was a little experimental and not the stuff I'd expected. I liked it but I didn't listen to it too often.

The new stuff sounds good, judging by those short snippets. So thanks for sharing the info!

Social Bookmarks