Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Samstag, 8. Juni 2024, 14:31 UTC+2

Dienstag, 20. Januar 2004, 03:47

valentine's day is coming

so does anyone have any romantic plans for the weekend or is it not as big of a deal in europe??? over here it can make or break relationships... it's completely out of hand!!!! :lol:
Niki
"Together we are what we can't be alone" - Dropkick Murphy's, a punk bank from Boston, Massachusetts, USA
"What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger" - Resilience, a hardcore punk band from Santa Rosa, California, USA
"As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars" - Gee, I wonder who said this

Dienstag, 20. Januar 2004, 04:13

it's not so important in Bulgaria, cuz it's not an official holiday there (we are celebrating the day of the wine on 14.02 :D ).
but i wish i could be with my boyfirend on Valentine's day anyway.
On 14th I'll be in the bus, on my way home...
But I'll see him on 15th, that's more important. :-]

I think that you don't need any holidays to show someone that you love him.. or to feel loved :D

Best Wishes.
Bo.

Dienstag, 20. Januar 2004, 09:29

it´s also not that important here. So we do not really celebrate. But some flowers are nice to get ;)

Dienstag, 20. Januar 2004, 10:30

The stores and florists has really picked up on this and it gets more and more space every year..
Personally i do agree with twilight on this one, i dont think we need a special day to show love :)
but on the otherhand it´s in a way a nice thought though...nah..

Dienstag, 20. Januar 2004, 12:21

Zitat

Original von twilight
I think that you don't need any holidays to show someone that you love him.. or to feel loved :D

definitely my opinion too... :rolleyes:

Dienstag, 20. Januar 2004, 12:51

Zitat

Original von covenant_girl

Zitat

Original von twilight

definitely my opinion too... :rolleyes:

yep! definitely right!

Dienstag, 20. Januar 2004, 13:12

I prefer to celebrate the day of the wine, actually... with some home-made bulgarian red wine.. mmm :D
It's a nice holiday - a nice excuse to drink a glass or two with the people you love, well maybe more than two:P

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »twilight« (20. Januar 2004, 13:14)

Mittwoch, 21. Januar 2004, 00:19

Wine? I LOVE wine!!

Well, last year, I got roses and a bottle of wine for valentine´s day. *sigh* This year, I will get nothing, cause there is nobody who loves me.

Die äußerliche Anwendung von Lebensmitteln führt nicht zur Gewichtszunahme.

Mittwoch, 21. Januar 2004, 01:00

there's always someone who loves you with all his heart... maybe it's not a man, it's just a friend or a relative... but it's something.
try to find a way to be with some people you love on Valentine's day - and share a bottle of wine :)
i hope it'll help a little.

Best Wishes.
Bo.

Mittwoch, 21. Januar 2004, 12:34

Zitat

Originally posted by PaleEmpress
there is nobody who loves me.

Well... we do.. :)

But i understand the feeling, i´v been there, but guess what? It´s just a day amongst others.. :)

Give yourself a valentines day treat, by some flowers, light some candles, have a bubblebath and drink some wine whilst you
listen to wondeful music. You dont need someone else to pamper you, pamper yourself whenever you feel like it :)

Or you could take the oportunity to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. hmm..or do what a friend of mine did,
she handed out roses to people passing by where she was standing (thats how she meet her current boyfriend)

Remeber..love comes in different shades and shapes, it might not take the form you thought it would, but it´s always there :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jenny« (21. Januar 2004, 12:36)

Mittwoch, 21. Januar 2004, 12:56

Zitat

Original von PaleEmpress

*hug*

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »covenant_girl« (4. Oktober 2004, 01:07)

Mittwoch, 21. Januar 2004, 14:41

Oooh, you are all SO nice, I already feel much better. Thanks to you all!
Die äußerliche Anwendung von Lebensmitteln führt nicht zur Gewichtszunahme.

Beruf: student, waitress, & administrative assistant

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 21. Januar 2004, 20:09

I have been single my entire adulthood, (minus 6 months I spent with some miserable guy) !!!
Guess this year I'll be alone too. My friends usually through an 'anti-v-day party every year, so all of us singles and even the people who have significant others that don't feel like going through the motions, can get together and have fun.
Actually, I have to waitress that night. Looking forward to crappy tips and people acting stupendously cute in public!!! Oh, and the chicks who don't know their wines...
I agree, it's sad that we have to have a day for people to remind their significant other that they love them. People should do that stuff everyday. Yet, I think in America, the 'normals' get so wrapped up in themselves that they forget to take time to show someone they love them.

Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2004, 21:48

wow... lots of replies on this one... i have always been big on going out the day before or the day after.. fewer obnoxious people trying to make up for all the crap they've pulled during the past year!!! :D

this year wil be tough... the one i really want to be with is 1000 miles away (give or take 100 miles) so i will be going out with a really good friend on the 13th instead... i will see my sweetie two weeks after v-day!!!

HUGS to all!!!!
Niki
"Together we are what we can't be alone" - Dropkick Murphy's, a punk bank from Boston, Massachusetts, USA
"What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger" - Resilience, a hardcore punk band from Santa Rosa, California, USA

Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2004, 23:28

yup... definately going out the day before!!!! Have to celebrate Friday the 13th!!!! Offered valentines day (the 14th) to my daughters father (he would normally have her that night) so that he could do something stupidly romantic for his girlfriend... aren't i nice??
Niki

Social Bookmarks